Join the OXFTA Train the Trainer program !
This unique program is bursting with wonderful learnings and insights we have gathered over the last 27 years training a variety of teams, in a range of formats across a VERY broad range of different industry sectors. This is your opportunity to share in our secret formula that ensures your sessions will be memorable, enjoyable, and most importantly, make the learning ‘stick’. YOU will learn about the latest creative educational techniques, and how to bring the magic to your training sessions, creating a change in the behaviour and attitude of your audience. We want to teach you how to deliver training sessions that ROCK!
Subject matter experts, managers or supervisors, technical and IT personnel: anyone who needs to design and deliver training
· Identify audience needs: Take a brief on what training is required by your participants so that they are more productive and able to perform at high levels.
· Increase Trainer’s Awareness: In understanding communication and learning styles of learners and build skills to maximise impact of learning.
· Structure a Magic session: More energisers, ice breaking, and closing activities and ‘chunking’ learning sessions to make the learning ‘stick’.
· Beat the ‘forgetting curve’: Master an understanding of the key principles of adult learning so that you keep your training relevant and useful.
· Use Creative Learning Techniques: Keep your participants fully engaged with the content and the key messages.
· Deal with all types of participants: Even those resistant to learning new skills, knowledge, and work activities
· Build confidence: Through practice develop your own ‘Trainer’s presence’ by understanding your delivery style of energising training sessions.
DAY 1: Topic and Session Map
· Understanding adult learning principles: Gather insights about “engagement”. What engages us and how to maintain and sustain it.
· Uncover Learning Gaps: Explore what are the “right questions” to build your understanding of your groups needs and skill or knowledge gaps.
· Increase awareness of learner communication and learning styles
· Creative session planning: How to craft a meaningful session that will make a difference to their skills gaps.
· Team Activities: What are they and how they are useful for different messages and situations.
· ‘Spectrum of evaluation’: The value of review and evaluation from training, knowledge retention, positive behavioural change to organisational results.
· Expanding your presentation skills: Learn how to sharpen your delivery style (body language and vocal dynamics).
· Session plan review: Preparation for Day 2: Outlining learning objectives, audience profiling, Learner’s needs, Planning activities.
DAY 2 Topic and Session Map
· Review of Day 1: What have we learnt and how will we apply it in our own context?
· Dynamics of Inclusivity: Creating a positive learning environment in an increasingly diverse workforce.
· Tips for turning around the ‘reluctant learner’: Deal with challenging participants so that they become more engaged.
· Practice and build strong presentation skills: Expand the power of your voice, strong body language, and presence.
· Bringing it all together for final presentation: Bring your existing company course outlines and sessions plans and how you will use your new Trainer’s Toolkit to ‘Wow’